How to induce labor at home : The expected date of delivery is generally the 40th week of pregnancy. If you are more than 40 weeks pregnant, you may be uneasy, anxious and eager to see your baby. Before deciding to use medical methods to induce labor, you may wish to use natural methods at home.
How to induce labor at home : Best Remedies 2020
Method One : Eat certain foods
01: Eat pineapple.
Pineapple is one of the fruits that can give birth. It contains bromelain, which helps soften the cervix and make it mature (a critical stage that triggers childbirth).
- You can eat pineapple alone, drink pineapple juice, or make a glass of fruit smoothie (smoothie).
02: Eat spicy food.
Mexican food or foods with chili may induce labor. Some people highly praise this method. However, be careful not to eat too much to avoid dyspepsia in late pregnancy. Must read : Home remedies to find out if your pregnant : Best Remedies 2020
- Some studies have shown that capsaicin in certain spicy foods can actually delay delivery. Capsaicin reduces the analgesic effect of endorphins.
03: Eat licorice.
It is said that black licorice can promote childbirth. Buy natural licorice with low sugar content. You can also eat licorice slices. It has a laxative effect and can stimulate the intestines. Intestinal colic may help trigger contractions. Must Read : How to Prevent Scarring : Best Remedies 2020
04: Eat garlic.
Eating enough garlic may stimulate the intestines. After emptying the intestine, the space is larger, which is convenient for the baby to move down, stimulate the uterus to contract, and the cervix is opened to help the body prepare for delivery. Must Read : How to Prevent Scarring : Best Remedies 2020
- As long as it does not cause indigestion, you can put as much garlic as possible in cooking.
05: Eat a lot of fiber.
Fiber rich foods help prevent constipation. Constipation means that the bowel or rectum is full of feces, occupying too much space, which prevents the fetus from moving down. Eat more fruits and vegetables in the last weeks of pregnancy. Dried prunes and other preserved fruits are also useful.
06: Drink raspberry leaf tea.
It can strengthen the strength and elasticity of the uterine muscles, causing the muscles to start contracting. Pour about 180 ml of boiling water on the tea bag in the cup, soak for 3 minutes, and drink after cooling.
- In summer, make a refreshing cup of raspberry leaf ice tea.
07: Drink cumin tea.
Cumin can treat digestive problems, urge menses, and relieve bloating. Drinking tea made with cumin seeds can promote labor. Must read : How to Prevent Burn Scars : Best Remedies 2020
- Add some sugar or honey to neutralize the bitterness of cumin tea.
Method Two : Pose properly
01: Land on all fours (climbing position).
This posture helps the fetus to transform into a fetal position that facilitates delivery. When the fetal head is pressed against the cervix, the cervix will start to become shorter and thinner. Do this posture several times a day for 10 minutes each time to help the fetal head turn into the most favorable fetal position.
02: Don’t recline on the sofa.
In late pregnancy, you may be very tired, just want to relax. However, reclining or sitting on the sofa cannot turn the fetus into a fetal position that is conducive to delivery. Conversely, the body lies on the sofa to the left, curling forward slightly. Cushion your lower limbs to make yourself comfortable.
03: Sitting on the production ball and bouncing.
The production ball is a large bouncing ball (which can also be used for sports) to help you sit comfortably in late pregnancy. You can also use it to relieve pain during childbirth. Open your feet and bounce on the birth ball to help the fetus move down. Must read : How to lose fat on your Stomach : Best Remedies 2020
Method Three : Do the right amount of activity
Walking helps the fetus in the body to move down. Once the fetal head is pressed against the cervix, it is not far from delivery. Try to walk for 15 to 20 minutes. It is also good for you to breathe fresh air outdoors.
- Try to climb the slope and force your body to lean forward. Tilt forward 40 to 45 degrees to help the fetus move down in the correct direction.
02: Try to jump.
Step forward with one foot and jump with the back to adjust the fetal position slightly to let the fetus enter the basin. Be careful when doing this action and don’t trip over your own feet.
03: Climb a few stairs.
Climbing the stairs forces the body to lean forward (about 40 to 45 degrees) to help the fetus move down. Remember to hold the handrail and climb the stairs safely. Must read : How to Meditate : Best Meditation tips 2020
- Stepping hard on each step with your feet also helps.
04: cleaning the house.
The right amount of labor is conducive to childbirth. Cleaning the garage, vacuuming or mopping the floor with a vacuum cleaner to move the body and promote natural childbirth. In addition to the birth of your baby, you also harvested a clean and tidy house.
Method Four : Help the body prepare for childbirth
01: Have sex.
Having sex with a partner can promote prostaglandin secretion, which is similar to a certain hormone in your body and can promote childbirth. The prostaglandins in the semen help soften and dilate the cervix and help the body prepare for delivery.
- At orgasm, the body secretes prostaglandins. If you are not worried about having sex, you can also get a climax yourself. Must read : How to Fall Asleep Fast : Best Remedies 2020
- If the amniotic fluid has been broken, then do not have sex to avoid infection.
02: Irritation of the nipples.
This is also one of the ways to promote uterine contraction. Use your thumb and index finger to turn the nipple for 2 minutes. Rest for 3 minutes and repeat the above process for 20 minutes. If you still don’t feel contractions, turn your nipples for 3 minutes and rest for 2 minutes.
- Apply olive oil to your fingers first to avoid skin irritation.
03: Press acupuncture points.
Shiatsu is very similar to traditional acupuncture that promotes relaxation and treatment. According to the principle of acupressure, there are special points on the meridian line of the human body, and qi (life energy) runs in these acupuncture points. Pressing the two acupuncture points hard may induce labor. The method is as follows:
- Find the correct acupuncture point, which is the Hegu point between the thumb and the index finger, and the Sanyinjiao point about 7.5 cm above the inner ankle bone.
- Pinch the Hegu hole between the tiger’s mouth. Massage in circle motion for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Use one or two fingertips to press the Sanyinjiao acupoints of the inner ankle. Massage in circle motion.
- No matter which acupressure point is pressed, as soon as the uterus contracts, the massage is stopped. After the contractions stop, massage again.
04: Use reflexology.
Reflexology uses specific reflex points on the foot to initiate labor within 24 to 48 hours. Press the reflex points corresponding to the pituitary gland, bladder, abdominal plexus, ovary and uterus to promote delivery. Press one of the reflection points hard, or rub in a circular motion.
- Pituitary gland : The reflex point is located on the big toe, which can stimulate the pituitary gland and secrete hormones such as oxytocin. Also read : How to Grow Fast : Best Remedies 2020
- Bladder : The reflex point is located on the sole of the foot (near the instep) and can stimulate the muscles around the uterus to contract, which in turn causes the uterus to contract.
- Celiac plexus : The reflex point is located in the middle of the sole of the foot, allowing you to relax and balance your body and mind.
- Ovary and uterus : The reflex point is located in the medial malleolus (the area that is raised medially near the ankle joint) and may feel a little soft to the touch. It can cause the uterus to contract.
- Reflexology can only be tried during the 38th week of pregnancy, otherwise premature birth may occur. Never do this in the first trimester of pregnancy, otherwise there is a risk of miscarriage.
05: Drink castor oil.
Castor oil irritates the intestines, causing intestinal colic. Intestinal muscle contraction will cause the uterus to contract, and then achieve the purpose of urging birth. This method can also cause diarrhea and make the body very uncomfortable.
- Mix 60 ml of castor oil into the juice and drink it in one bite.
- You can also enema yourself. However, this method can only be used once, and be very careful. An enema cleans the intestines, dehydrates the body, and feels uncomfortable.
Method Five : Use herbs
01: Apply evening primrose oil.
Evening primrose oil can be converted into prostaglandins, which promotes uterine contraction and helps soften the cervix. Take 500 mg evening primrose oil capsules 3 times a day.
- You can also insert the capsule into the vagina before going to sleep. The humid environment in the vagina melts the capsule, dispersing the gel throughout the cervix. Must read : How to Remove Tonsil Stones : Best Remedies 2020
02: Take cohosh.
Cohosh root is a medicinal plant that can treat menstrual discomfort, menopausal symptoms, osteoporosis, and induced labor. Black cohosh roots or blue cohosh roots are usually made into alcoholic or non-alcoholic liquids. Follow the dosage instructions on the package.
- It is believed that black cohosh is more effective than blue cohosh.
03: Try homeopathy.
Some supplements in homeopathy can induce labor, such as Pulsatilla and Red Hair Seven. Pulsatilla can also treat menstrual discomfort, headaches and insomnia. Hongmao Qi can also strengthen the elasticity of uterine muscles, make them contract and help to produce.
- No matter which supplement you take, you must follow the dosage instructions on the package.
Method Six : Let the body relax
01: Take a warm bath.
Soak in a warm bath to relax your body and soothe tight muscles. Adding a few drops of lavender essential oil can also help you calm down. Must read: Exercises to Reduce Breast Size : Best Remedies 2020
- Make sure the water is not too hot to avoid skin redness. Excessively high temperature can cause stress on the fetus.
02: Try to imagine.
Sit into a state of meditation and imagine the birth process begins. Take a deep breath and imagine the uterus starting to contract. The cervix is expanding. Imagine your baby slowly entering the birth canal.
- Searching for meditation music for induced labor on the Internet, they are usually downloadable mp3 files. You can also search for hypnotic childbirth, which uses a similar method to help you successfully survive the entire natural childbirth process.
Crying can soothe tight muscles and relax the body. This stage of pregnancy can be said to be stressful. You may wish to give yourself a chance to cry and let yourself be vented. Must Read : How to Remove Moles Apple Cider Vinegar : Best Remedies 2020
- When needed, you can prepare a box of tissues and watch a tearful movie to make yourself cry.
04: Receive a massage.
Enjoy a relaxing massage to calm your body. Find a masseuse who is good at prenatal massage. When receiving a massage, lie on your left side, and place a pillow between your knees to support your body.
Method Seven : The practice of a professional doctor
01: Know when the doctor will induce labor.
If you want to give birth at home, you still have to find a doctor or midwife. Most doctors will not rush to induce labor unless it is reasonable, such as:
- The amniotic fluid has been broken, but there is no contraction.
- It has already passed the due date of two weeks.
- An intrauterine infection occurs.
- There is gestational diabetes, hypertension or amniotic fluid deficiency.
- The placenta or fetus is displaced or has growth and development problems. Must read : Home remedies to find out if your pregnant : Best Remedies 2020
02: Usually doctors first perform amniotic sac stripping.
The doctor will put the gloved finger into the cervix and then peel the amniotic sac from the uterine wall. Then, the hormones secreted by the body usually stimulate labor.
03: The doctor may artificially break the amniotic fluid.
The professional medical term is Amniocentesis. The doctor will use a thin hook to puncture the amniotic sac. In this way, pregnant women usually give birth within a few hours.
- Despite the short time, the pain was unbearable. Must Read : How to Remove Moles Apple Cider Vinegar : Best Remedies 2020
04: Prescribe some prostaglandins.
This is a natural sex hormone that can be used directly in the vagina or taken orally. Usually this is done in a hospital, which softens the cervix and prepares for delivery.
- This often causes intense cramps and pain.
05: It may be possible to prescribe intravenous oxytocin in the hospital.
Delayed delivery often uses this method. In an emergency, such as the situation listed above, this will also help delivery.
- Oxytocin usually causes more frequent contractions. Read this: How to Reduce Fat on your Body
06: Check with your doctor about the risks of induced labor.
These methods do not always work, especially when the body is not ready. If you try to induce labor without success, you must go to a medical institution. Pay attention to the following risks and precautions:
- Infection (especially if the amniotic fluid is broken)
- Tearing of uterine wall
- Late premature babies (birth starts too early)
- Irregular uterine contractions