How to meditate : The purpose of meditation is to concentrate and relax the mind, and finally achieve a clearer control of self-consciousness and inner peace. You may not yet know that you can meditate anywhere, any time, no matter how noisy and noisy you are around, you can get peace and tranquility of your self. This article will introduce you to the basics of meditation and lead you on this path of self-enlightenment.
How to Meditate : Best Meditation tips 2020
Method One : Prepare for meditation
01: Choose a quiet environment.
Meditation should be performed in a quiet, peaceful place, which allows you to concentrate on meditation without being disturbed by external stimuli. This place does not need to be very large.
- It is especially important for beginners to avoid external interference. Turn off TVs, cell phones, and other devices that may make noise.
- If you want to listen to music, try to choose quiet, soft, and repeated music to ensure concentration.
- Another way is to unscrew the tap a little bit-the continuous sound of running water can make you calm down.
- One thing you need to understand is that meditation does not require a completely silent environment, so earplugs are not necessary.
- The roar of the lawn mower outside and the barking of the dog next door will not hinder the effective conduct of meditation. In fact, being aware of these noises and learning to ignore them and focus on meditation is an important part of successful meditation.
- For many people, meditation outdoors is a good choice. As long as you don’t sit on the busy road or in other noisy places. You can choose to sit under the tree or on your favorite lawn in the garden.
02: Wear comfortable clothing.
One of the purposes of meditation is to reject foreign objects and calm the mind. Tight clothes will only make you uncomfortable. It is best to wear loose clothing for meditation and remember to take off your shoes.
- If the weather is cold, remember to wear a sweater or cardigan. If the clothes are not warm enough, the idea of so cold can exhaust you and have to interrupt your meditation.
- If you are in an office or other places where changing clothes is difficult, at least make sure you are as comfortable as possible within the limits. Must read : How to Fall Asleep Fast : Best Remedies 2020
- Take off your shoes and formal jacket, unbutton the shirt collar, and loosen the belt.
03: Think about how long you have to meditate.
Before you start meditation, you should plan a time for meditation. Most senior mediators recommend meditating twice a day for twenty minutes each time; but for beginners, you can start from five minutes a day.
- Once you have decided to meditate on time, please stick to it. Don’t give up because you feel that there is no effect. It takes a long time to practice to succeed in meditation-and for you now, the most important thing is to persevere. How to meditate.
- Although you want to pinch the stopwatch to complete meditation, it is best not to check the time repeatedly. Must read : How to Fall Asleep Fast : Best Remedies 2020
- You can set a soft alarm clock to remind you that time is up, or end meditation according to an event, such as your partner getting up, or the sun’s spot just falling on a point on the wall.
04: Stretching exercises.
Because meditation requires sitting in a place for a period of time, it is best to minimize tension and fatigue in various parts of the body before sitting down. Taking a few minutes to do some stretching exercises will help you relax your body and mind and prepare for the next meditation. This can also help you relax your mind during meditation instead of focusing on one or two sore joints and muscles.
- For those who have been sitting in front of the computer for a long time, remember to stretch your neck, shoulders and lower back.
- For those who take the lotus position for meditation, pay attention to relax the legs, especially the inner thighs. How to meditate.
- If you don’t know how to do stretching exercises, you may consider learning different stretching techniques before meditation.
- Many meditation experts recommend doing some relaxing yoga exercises before meditation.
05: Choose a comfortable sitting position.
As mentioned earlier, it is very important to relax during meditation, so you should find a position that suits you best. Traditional meditation is to put a cushion on the ground and then sit on it in a lotus or semi-lotus position. Must read : How to Grow Fast : Best Remedies 2020
Unless your legs, buttocks, and back waist are very soft, you need to work hard to straighten your waist and keep it upright while maintaining the lotus position. Choose a posture that allows you to move your center of gravity upward and keep your back straight.
- However, you can also choose to sit on a cushion, a chair, or a special chair for meditation without sitting on your legs. How to meditate.
- Your pelvis should lean forward slightly so that the spine is located just above the center of the thigh bones at both ends, that is, between the two points that support your body weight.
- To maintain the correct position of the pelvis, you can sit at the front of a thick cushion, or insert 7.6-10.2 cm thick padding under the two hind legs of the chair.
- The so called special chair for meditation is usually this kind of chair with a certain angle. If your chair is level, place something under the back leg of the chair and let it lean forward by 1.3-2.5 cm.
If this is not the most comfortable posture for you, then do not force yourself. You can also stand, lie or even meditate while walking-the most important thing is to make yourself comfortable.
06: Sit and straighten your spine.
Maintaining a good posture during meditation will make you more comfortable. Once you are in a comfortable position, you can begin to concentrate on adjusting your back. Starting from the perineum, gradually straighten each spine up until each section is just above the other section, supporting the weight of your body, neck and head.
- You need to practice a few more times to find a posture that will allow you to relax your muscles, and then you can easily keep your body upright. If you feel muscle tension, relax.
- If you feel unable to relax when you straighten your back, you need to realign your spine and straighten your body to relax the area where you feel nervous.
- The most important thing is to make you feel comfortable and relaxed, with your torso upright and your spine to support the weight above the waist.
- Traditional meditation gestures include placing your hands on the overlapping legs, palms facing up, and right hand above the left hand. However, you can also let your hands rest naturally on your knees or hang on your side, as you like. How to meditate.
07: Close your eyes.
You can meditate whether you open your eyes or close your eyes, but as a beginner, it is best to try closing your eyes first. Closing your eyes can block external visual disturbances and help you focus on concentration.
- Once you are used to meditation, you can try to open your eyes and meditate. This helps those mediators who tend to fall asleep with their eyes closed or focus too deliberately to achieve results, as well as some mediators who tend to see irritating pictures when they close their eyes (only very few people do).
- When you open your eyes and meditate, learn to “empty”, that is, don’t focus on a particular thing.
- However, you do not need to be empty until the whole person is in a trance-the purpose of meditation is to feel relaxed and sober.
Method Two : Meditate
01: Follow your breath.
This is the most basic and common content of all meditations, so breathing meditation is very suitable for beginners. Choose a point above your belly button, focus on it, and feel its dynamics along with your breathing. Don’t deliberately change the rhythm of your breathing, just breathe as usual.
- Try to focus on the breath itself. You just need to know and conscious the breath, and do not “think” or judge it (for example: this breath is shorter than last time).
02: You can try to imagine some pictures to help meditation.
For example: Imagine that there is a coin above the navel, which is ups and downs with your breath; Imagine a buoy in the sea, floating up and down with the waves of your breath; Imagine a lotus on the belly, it will be every time you breathe Blossoming petals. Must read : Home remedies to find out if your pregnant : Best Remedies 2020
- If you start to wander too far, do n’t be afraid-after all, you are just a beginner, and meditation, like everything else, requires practice to make perfect.
- You just have to pull your thoughts back, focus on your breathing, and stop thinking about other things. Leaving aside those scattered thoughts, converge.
03: Repeat the spell.
Mandela meditation is also a common way of meditation, which is to repeat a mantra (a certain word, word or phrase) over and over again during meditation until you converge and enter a deep meditation state. You can choose anything as a spell, as long as you remember, as long as you want.
- As a beginner, you can choose words like “one”, “ning,” “quiet”, “an”, and “silence” as spells.
- If you want to choose a traditional spell, you can choose the syllable “Om”, which stands for “omnipresent consciousness”, or “Sat, Chit, Ananda”, which means “Existence, Consciousness, Joy”.
- Repeatedly chanting mantras helps meditation, allowing your silent words or phrases to permeate your mind. If you are distracted again, don’t worry, just shift your focus and focus on chanting the mantra.
- After you enter deep consciousness, you don’t have to continue to recite the mantra repeatedly.
04: Focus on something.
Like chanting a mantra, you can choose to focus on something and focus on it, so that you can enter a certain degree of deep consciousness. This is one of the ways to open your eyes and meditate. Many people find that if they find a place for their eyes, they will be more likely to enter deep consciousness. Must read : How to Remove Tonsil Stones : Best Remedies 2020
- You can choose to look at anything, but many people think it is most comfortable to look at a star of fire on the candle.
- You can also choose images or statues such as crystals, flowers, saints-for example, Buddha statues and so on.
- Put that thing at the level of your sight so that you can look at it with your head and neck completely relaxed. Stare at it until the field of view beyond the focus is gradually blurred, and only it remains in the field of view.
- If you concentrate on that kind of thing, you will feel yourself in deep peace without interference from foreign objects.
05: Learn to imagine.
Imagination is also a common method of meditation. Use this method to simulate a peaceful scene in your mind and gradually explore it until you get complete peace. You can simulate this scene according to your own preferences. You don’t have to imagine how realistic it should be. You should make adjustments according to your own situation. Must read : How to Identify Breast Lumps : Best Remedies 2020
- You can imagine a warm sandy beach, a meadow with flowers, a quiet forest or a cozy living room with a fire. No matter what scene you imagine, turn it into a temple of your soul.
- Once you enter the Temple, you can start exploring. You don’t have to create the surrounding environment because they already exist. Let your thoughts go first.
- Pay attention to the sights, sounds and smells in the Temple feel the light breeze passing by, and the flames warm the body.
- As long as you want, you can stay in the Temple for as long as you want, let it expand and improve naturally and become more real. If you want to leave the Temple, take a few deep breaths before opening your eyes.
- Remember, the next time you do imaginative meditation, you can return to the same place or imagine a new scene.
- Any scene you imagine should fit your own situation, they are also a reflection of your individual personality.
06: Body scan.
Body scanning refers to consciously focusing attention on a certain body part, scanning the whole body up and down one by one, and relaxing them consciously. This simple method of meditation will relax your brain while relaxing your body. Must read: Exercises to Reduce Breast Size : Best Remedies 2020
- Close your eyes and choose to start with a certain body part, usually you can choose to start with toes.
- Concentrate on receiving the feeling from the toes and consciously relax any tight muscles. After fully relaxing your toes, turn your attention to the entire foot and repeat the relaxation steps.
- Follow this method to relax each part from bottom to top one by one, feet, calves, knees, thighs, thigh roots, hips, abdomen, chest, back, shoulders, arms, palms, fingers, neck, face, ears and head, time The length depends on your preferences.
- After you relax each part, focus your attention on your entire body and enjoy the joy of complete peace and relaxation. Finally, follow the breath for a few minutes before ending meditation.
- As long as you practice frequently, this method will allow you to better understand the various feelings of the body and help you cope appropriately.
07: Try heart chakra meditation.
The heart chakra is one of the seven chakras of the human body, that is, the seven energy centers. The heart chakra is located in the center of the chest and corresponds to love, compassion, peace and tolerance. Heart chakra meditation can help you feel these emotions and communicate them to the outside world. First, keep your body in a comfortable position and concentrate on feeling your breath.
- When you feel more relaxed, imagine a glow of green energy pouring out of your chest into your palm. This green energy is love, life and other positive emotions you feel at this moment.
- Imagine love and light flowing all over the body. When you are ready, move your hands away from your chest and release the energy in your palms to convey to your cherished people and the world.
- Take a moment to sit down and feel the positive energy in and around you. After completion, gradually make yourself re-conscious of the body and breathing. Gently move your fingers, toes and limbs, then open your eyes. Must Read : How to Remove Moles Apple Cider Vinegar : Best Remedies 2020
08: Try walking meditation.
Walking meditation is also a method of meditation. The meditator experiences the walking gait and feels the close connection between his body and the earth. If you plan to sit for long periods of meditation, it may be a good idea to alternate some walking meditations.
- Choose a place suitable for walking meditation, the less disturbance, the better. This place does not have to be so wide, but you can at least go straight for seventy steps without turning. If possible, it is best to take off your shoes.
- Raise your head and straighten your chest, look straight ahead with your eyes, hands clasped in front of you. The right foot took a step slowly and calmly. Don’t mind any feelings from your feet, and focus your attention on the action of walking as much as possible.
- After taking the first step, take a moment, and then take the second step.Under no circumstances should two feet act together. How to meditate.
- After reaching the end, stop your feet and restore your standing posture. Then, go out the right foot first and turn around. Return on the same way. Similarly, walk slowly and calmly as before.
- In the process of walking meditation, try to focus on the movement of your feet instead of other things, just as you focus on breathing and breathing while breathing meditation. Remove the distractions in your heart and feel the relationship between your feet and the ground under your feet.
Method Three : Daily Meditation
01: Practice meditation in everyday life.
Meditation is not limited to a certain fixed form, you can practice meditation at any time in daily life. As long as you persist, you will benefit a lot.
- Every morning is a good time for meditation because your brain is not occupied by the stress and anxiety of the day. How to meditate.
- But it is best not to start meditation immediately after eating, because you may feel some physical discomfort, this discomfort will distract your attention.
02: Take a tutor meditation course and hone your skills.
If you need additional guidance, consider taking a meditation course guided by a senior teacher. You can search various meditation classes online. How to meditate.
- Local gyms, spas, schools and specialized meditation centers have classes in many locations.
- You can also find various instructional videos about meditation on YouTube.
- For a more immersive experience, you can participate in spiritual retreat, during which you will spend days or even weeks to concentrate on meditation.
03: Practice mindfulness in daily life.
Meditation is not necessarily limited to your practice class. You can also practice mindfulness in daily life. Just paying attention to what is happening in the inner and outer world at any particular time of the day can make a difference. How to meditate.
- For example, at the moment when you feel stressed, try to focus on your breath for a few seconds to clear any negative thoughts or emotions from your thoughts.
- When eating, you can also practice mindfulness by paying attention to food and all your feelings.
- When doing anything in daily life-whether sitting in front of a computer or sweeping the floor, try to pay attention to your body movements and how you feel at the time. This kind of attention and consciousness is the embodiment of life intentions. How to meditate.
04: Try to practice meditation to help you improve your current awareness.
Meditation is a technique that helps you practice mindfulness in your daily life. All you have to do is focus directly on certain things in your surroundings, or the specific feelings of your body.
- For example, you may focus on the blue pen or folder on the table in front of you, or feel more attentively about your feet on the floor or your hand on the armrest of the chair. If you feel distracted or distracted, or feel pressure, you may wish to try this technique. How to meditate.
- You can also try to focus on multiple feelings at once. For example, when you pick up the keychain, pay attention to the sound of the key, the feeling in your hand, and even the smell of metal.
05: Choose a healthy lifestyle.
Although meditation can improve your overall health, it is better when combined with other healthy lifestyles. Eat as healthy as possible , exercise more and ensure adequate sleep. How to meditate.
- Before going to meditation, try to watch less TV, do not smoke or drink alcohol, because these behaviors will paralyze the brain and can not guarantee the sober consciousness for successful meditation.
06: You have to understand that meditation is a journey.
Meditation is not a specific goal that can be accomplished like promotion. It should be regarded as a tool to achieve your goals (even if your goal is enlightenment), like going out to realize the world is so big. You should focus on the process and experience of meditation itself, and not bring the desires and attachments that distract you from daily life into meditation practice.
- At the beginning, you should not pay too much attention to the quality of meditation itself. As long as you feel calmer, happier, and quieter after practice, it is considered a success. How to meditate.
Read this: How to Reduce Fat on your Body