How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo : Mouth ulcers can get worse and may make people feel very painful. It is also known as aphthous ulcers or aphthous ulcers, and there are many predisposing factors, including stress, illness, or meat that bites inside the mouth. But don’t worry, here are some tried and tested methods to help you quickly cure annoying oral ulcers.
How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo : Best Remedies 2020
Method one: Use home Remedies
01: Gargle with salt water.
Put one or two teaspoons of salt in a glass of warm water and stir until dissolved. Contain a mouthful of salt water, stir in a circle, spread from one side of the cheek to the other, and then spit it out. Do not swallow salt water. Must Read: How to Quickly Lower Blood Pressure
- Repeat several times a day, usually after meals and before bed. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
02: Gargle with baking soda.
You can use baking soda instead of salt water. Dissolve 1 teaspoon of baking soda in half a cup of warm water, then gargle in the same way as salt water. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
03: Gargle with mild mouthwash.
Mouth washing can remove bacteria to prevent worsening of mouth ulcers, and may also relieve pain. Any brand of mouthwash will work. Mouthwash in the morning and evening, and again after lunch.
- Do not swallow mouthwash. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Sometimes, the antiseptic in the mouthwash can cause or exacerbate oral ulcers.
- If the mouthwash will sting your mouth, stop using it immediately until the ulcer has healed completely.
- You can also try to use mouthwash without alcohol. Must Read: How to Quickly Lower Blood Pressure
04: Use magnesium milk.
Purchase magnesium milk in a grocery store or pharmacy. Gently apply a little magnesium milk to the aphthous ulcers to relieve the pain and promote wound healing. It can be repeated several times a day.
05: Apply hydrogen peroxide to the ulcer.
The first time is mainly to clean the ulcer, then change a new cotton swab, dip again to take the solution, gently press on the ulcer, and wait a few seconds before removing. Repeat it sooner or later.
- Do not swallow hydrogen peroxide. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- You don’t need to use too much hydrogen peroxide, just wet the cotton swab. Must read: How to Use Tampons Kotex
06: Apply a little honey to the ulcer.
Gently rubbing a small amount of pure honey on the ulcer area may relieve pain and inflammation.
- First use a clean cotton swab to dry the ulcer, then use a new cotton swab to smear honey.
- Buy manuka honey, it has the strongest antibacterial effect.
- If you can’t find it, just buying a pure honey can fight bacteria. Must read: How to Use Tampons Kotex
07: Self-made herbal mouthwash.
Soak equal amounts of sage and chamomile in a small amount of water. After the water has cooled to a comfortable temperature, rinse it with your mouth. Some people think that this can improve the pain caused by oral ulcers, but there is not much research on this. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Use it to rinse your mouth 4 to 5 times a day. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
08: Drink juices that are good for your mouth.
Some people find that carrot juice, celery juice and cantaloupe juice can improve oral ulcers. However, this method has not been confirmed by research, so there is no reliable basis. You can juice them individually, or mix them into a smoothie and enjoy it every day. Also Read: Remedies for Vaginal Dryness
Method Two: Relieve discomfort and promote healing
01: The mouth contains crushed ice.
Ice cubes can help reduce swelling and temporarily stop the pain caused by aphthous ulcers. If you can, use your tongue to press the crushed ice directly against the ulcer until it melts.
- Pack the crushed ice in a thermos or styrofoam cup to prevent them from melting quickly, and it is easy to carry, and can contain crushed ice all day. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- If crushed ice is too cold for you, at least drink cold water throughout the day.
- Let the cold water stay in your mouth for a while, gently pat the ulcer, and then swallow it.
02: Do not eat sour and spicy food.
Spicy, sour, and harsh foods can irritate the ulcer, cause pain, and may delay healing. Eat light and easy-to-digest foods to make aphthous healing easier. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Avoid carbonated drinks, citrus fruits, and hard foods such as toast.
- Foods that contain a lot of salt and spices cannot be eaten. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
03: When brushing your teeth, move gently.
The continuous sliding and scratching of the toothbrush in the mouth can cause ulcers and make existing sores more painful. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush, and try not to touch the ulcer so as not to enlarge it.
- Before healing the ulcer, use toothpaste for sensitive teeth, such as Baxter or ProNamel.
04: Take over the counter painkillers.
If your mouth ulcers don’t heal as quickly as you want, then at least try to relieve the discomfort and make yourself feel better. Take over the counter painkillers such as ibuprofen, or use over-the-counter painkillers. Local pharmacies are available for sale. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- If you have any illness or are currently taking other medicines, be sure to consult a dentist or doctor before purchasing medicines. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Children under 16 years of age are not allowed to take aspirin. Do not give aspirin to children.
05: Sucking zinc-containing lozenges.
Available at local pharmacies. Although the effect has not been confirmed, some people find that they can relieve discomfort and accelerate healing. Take according to the instructions on the package.
06: Take vitamin supplements.
Vitamin B and C may help oral ulcer healing, but further research is needed. After consulting with a doctor or pharmacist, you can purchase vitamin supplements in a pharmacy. Take only the recommended dose.
07: Take lysine supplements.
Lysine is an amino acid that may help oral ulcers. However, this point needs further study. Consult a doctor or pharmacist first to confirm whether you are suitable for taking lysine.
08: Take Echinacea.
Echinacea supplements are sold in local pharmacies. It mainly stimulates the immune system and may promote healing of aphthous ulcers. Consult a doctor or pharmacist to confirm whether you can take echinacea safely. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
Method Three: Seek professional Treatment
01: If the sore is very large or very painful, it is best to see a doctor.
Most small sores will heal on their own within a week or two. If there are multiple ulcers, the area of the ulcer is very large or very painful. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
After three weeks, it has not healed or has spread. If the body has a fever, you should seek medical treatment. See a doctor or dentist, they have many prescription drugs and treatment options to help you.
- A doctor or dentist can help confirm that your condition is just an oral ulcer, not a tooth abscess or a rare oral cancer. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
02: Get topical painkillers.
You can buy over the counter painkillers, but some medicines require a prescription to get them. It is best to ask your doctor or pharmacist which medicine is best for you. There are many creams, creams, liquids and gels on the market that can help relieve pain and speed up the healing of aphthous ulcers. Use products containing one of the following ingredients: (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Fluocinol acetate (commodities include Lidex and Vanos)
- Benzocaine (commodities include Anbesol, Kank-A, Zilactin-B, Orabase) Also Read: How to Reduce Belly Fat on your Body (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Hydrogen peroxide (commodities include Orajel oral ulcer care antibacterial mouthwash, Peroxyl)
03: Obtain medicated mouthwash.
If there are multiple ulcers, it is more convenient to use mouthwash than to apply gel to each affected area. Ask your doctor or dentist if you can get a mouthwash containing dexamethasone or lidocaine. They can alleviate pain, and dexamethasone can also reduce inflammation.
04: If the ulcer does not heal, take prescription drugs.
I have used other treatments, but the ulcer has not healed? Then you may need prescription-grade oral medicine. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
Discuss your options with your doctor and let them know your medical history and medications you are taking. Some medicines for other diseases can also be used to treat stubborn oral ulcers, such as sucralfate (trade name Carafate) and colchicine. Also read: How to Have Sex : Best Way to extend sex time 2020
- If the oral ulcer is severe and it is always difficult to heal, the doctor may prescribe oral corticosteroids.
- They have many side effects and are usually only used as a final treatment option.
- If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or have an autoimmune disease, be sure to inform your doctor that you may be more suitable for other treatments. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
05: Let the doctor burn the ulcer.
Doctors can use chemical agents or instruments to burn the ulcer surface and destroy the damaged tissue to relieve pain and accelerate healing. Ask the doctor or dentist if this treatment is suitable for you.
06: Take supplements to prevent ulcers from recurring.
If the body has any nutritional deficiencies, oral ulcers may recur. Ask your doctor if you need to supplement folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, zinc or other vitamins. This will help prevent the recurrence of ulcers.
- The doctor can take a blood test to confirm if you have any nutritional deficiencies.
Some other helping information: (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- If the aphthous ulcer is caused by other diseases, it is necessary to thoroughly cure the root cause to prevent its recurrence. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- Aphtha and cold sores are not the same. Cold sores are caused by herpes virus, aphthous ulcers are not.
- You can also use lemon juice and honey. Mix a little honey and lemon juice to form a paste. Apply to the affected area with a cotton swab or clean fingers. (How to Treat Mouth Ulcers From Chemo , Remedies)
- You can also apply lemon juice without adding honey. This method works quickly.