Remedies for Vaginal Dryness : Vaginal dryness is a common problem encountered by many women. This condition is usually not dangerous and may be caused by specific drugs, menopause or hormone imbalance. There are many treatment options for vaginal dryness, including the use of lubricants, creams, and hormone therapy. Discuss this issue with your doctor to find out the best treatment for you.
Remedies for Vaginal Dryness : Best Remedies 2020
Method 1: Use Creams and Lubricants
01: Try the lubricant.
If the vagina is dry during sex, using lubricants can temporarily alleviate this problem. Must Read: How to Seduce a Mature Woman
- You can buy lubricants online, in pharmacies and sex shops.
- There are also lubricating condoms available on the market to help relieve vaginal dryness during sex.
- Lubricant should be applied directly to the vagina shortly before sex.
- It can only temporarily relieve vaginal dryness, and you still have to find other long-term solutions.
02: Try a vaginal moisturizer.
Vaginal moisturizer is a topical cream applied directly to the vagina. Most non-hormonal vaginal moisturizers can be purchased without a prescription.
- You can find vaginal moisturizers in supermarkets or pharmacies.
- Some over the counter brands include Replens, Luvena, KY Silk-E vaginal moisturizer and KY Liquidates vaginal moisturizer.
- Consult a gynecologist before using new products.
- Although most products are safe, some may increase the risk of infection and cause adverse reactions, such as rashes or pain.
03: Use estrogen vaginal cream.
These external ointments applied directly to the vagina contain low doses of estrogen, so they can only be bought by prescription. Also read: How to Have Sex : Best Way to extend sex time 2020
- The method of application is usually to apply the ointment directly into the vagina with an applicator or clean fingers before going to sleep.
- The doctor will decide the frequency and dosage of ointment based on your medical history.
Method 2: Seek Medical Treatment
01: See a gynecologist.
There are many reasons for vaginal dryness. If it happens suddenly, be sure to see a gynecologist to rule out the disease.
- The cause of vaginal dryness is usually not dangerous to the body. Menopause, childbirth, and breastfeeding all change hormone levels, which can cause vaginal dryness.
- A few cases may be caused by more serious problems, such as certain cancers and immune disorders. Therefore, if you notice any changes in your body, you must seek medical attention immediately.
- Early intervention is very important to treat such diseases.
- Sjogren’s syndrome is an autoimmune disease, in which the body’s own immune system attacks healthy tissues.
- This can cause vaginal dryness, as well as dry mouth and dry eyes. The doctor can test your blood to see if you have Sjogren’s syndrome.
02: Consult your doctor about hormone replacement therapy.
If you are entering menopause, hormone replacement therapy can help you relieve many symptoms, including vaginal dryness.
- Hormone replacement therapy can not only improve vaginal dryness, but also help relieve other symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes.
- When the body enters menopause, it will reduce the secretion of estrogen and other hormones.
- Doctors usually let you use patches or oral low-dose hormones to supplement them.
- Hormone replacement therapy has some risks. Studies have shown that mixed oral medicines containing estrogen and progesterone increase the risk of breast cancer, heart attack and stroke.
- Discuss these risk factors with your doctor and how they may affect you.
03: Use an estradiol vaginal ring.
This is another form of hormone replacement therapy, which many women think is more convenient than taking medicine.
- The gynecologist puts a small elastic ring into the upper part of the vagina.
- It releases estrogen on time and replaces it every three months.
04: Check your current medication.
Many times, vaginal dryness may be a side effect of the drugs you are currently using. Especially decongestants, common ingredients of this cold or allergy medicine can cause vaginal dryness.
If you think your vaginal dryness is caused by medication, you may wish to ask your doctor if you can change the medication.
Method 3: Try Natural Remedies
01: Use non-drug therapy.
If you are interested in non-pharmacological therapies, there are many homeopathic products on the market that have successfully helped some women improve vaginal dryness.
- Soy contains isoflavones, which have estrogen-like effects on the human body. Eating more soybeans may reduce vaginal dryness.
- Black cohosh is a herb that many women take as a dietary supplement and may help relieve vaginal dryness. However, every large study on black cohosh fails to prove its benefits.
- Some women will also experience side effects such as joint pain, shortness of breath, dizziness, diarrhea and abdominal pain.
- If you have liver damage or hormone-sensitive diseases, such as certain cancers or fibroids, you should not take black cohos.
- Pregnant women cannot take it. Before taking any herbs, be sure to ask your doctor to make sure they are safe for you.
- Some women will use cream containing wild yam to supplement estrogen, but there is no evidence that they are indeed effective, and may also damage the vagina.
02: Do not rinse the vagina.
Washing the vagina with commercially available or homemade liquid preparations can interfere with the balance of vaginal chemicals, cause vaginal dryness, and may even cause infection. Do not rinse the vagina, because the vagina itself will clean itself, no additional cleaning is needed.
03: Spend some time doing foreplay while having sex.
Foreplay is any activity performed before sex, which can be massages, hugs, kisses, oral sex and other forms of sex games. Increasing your foreplay time with your partner can increase sexual excitement and reduce vaginal dryness. Talk to your partner about the dryness of the vagina, and ask him to spend more time in the foreplay, which may alleviate the problem.
- All in all, an active sex life can help the vagina stay lubricated and prevent vaginal dryness.
- Let ’s talk to your partner about the importance of regular sex life to each other ’s body and mind.
Regular masturbation has many health benefits, including reducing vaginal dryness, which is helpful for older women. Also Read: How to Reduce Belly Fat on your Body
- There are many different forms and techniques of female masturbation, but in general, stimulation of the clitoris, urethra and vagina can increase the lubricity of the vagina.
- If hormones or other changes cause vaginal dryness, regular masturbation can help you.
Method 4: Apply Vagisil
01: Use in small amounts as needed.
Applying too much Vagisil can cause serious side effects, so just take a small amount. It is sufficient to squeeze out cream of the same length (approximately 2.5 cm) as your fingertips each time.
02: Vagisil can only be applied to the outside of the vagina.
Vagisil cannot be applied to the vagina, but can only be applied to the outside of the vagina, that is, the vulva such as the labia majora and vagina. Apply the cream evenly to the above areas with your fingers to reduce itching.
- Do not apply Vagisil on a large area. Applying Vagisil on a large area may cause serious side effects, so apply only on the itchy area of the vagina.
- If the itchy area spreads, so that a small amount of Vagisil can no longer be covered, go to the hospital for gynecology.
03: Wait until the skin absorbs Vagisil.
Vagisil works by blocking the nerve signals that cause itching, so that the symptoms can be temporarily relieved. Also read: How to Have Sex : Best Way to extend sex time 2020
Remember, you need to wait a few minutes after applying to feel the effect, so you must be patient.
04: Repeat the application three to four times a day.
Vagisil should not be applied more than four times a day. If your private part still feels itchy after applying the medicine, you’d better go to the gynecology department. Your doctor may prescribe more potent drugs.
Method 5: Know when to go to the doctor
01: When serious side effects occur, you need to seek medical attention immediately.
Vagisil’s active drug benzocaine (benzocaine) may cause serious side effects, but this happens only when benzocaine enters the mouth. In any case, when the body has the following symptoms, you should go to the hospital immediately:
- Rapid heartbeat
- Shortness of breath
- Lips, nails, or skin become pale, or appear slightly blue or gray
02: Watch for signs of allergies.
Topical application of benzocaine can cause severe allergic reactions in some people. When the following symptoms are found, you should stop using Vagisil and go to the hospital immediately.
- The skin has a severe tingling, burning sensation, or becomes very sensitive
- The skin is swollen, red, or hot
- Body fluid seeping out
03: Be aware of some common side effects.
Some side effects are relatively mild and are normal after using Vagisil. Don’t panic when the following symptoms occur:
- Slight itching or burning sensation
- Slight redness or tenderness
- Pieces of white dander appear on the application area
04: If the symptoms do not resolve, you need to go to the hospital for treatment.
Vagisil can only relieve itching temporarily. If the symptoms do not improve after 7 days, you should go to the hospital to see a gynecologist.
- Vagisil does not relieve the itching caused by inflammation.
- If there are symptoms of inflammation in the private parts, such as abnormal vaginal discharge, odor, or open sores, it is useless to apply Vagisil at this time, you should go to the hospital for treatment.
Some use full hints:
- Many women with dry vagina are afraid of embarrassment and do not tell the doctor about the problem.
- Try to overcome this emotion. Sometimes, dryness of the vagina may mean that the body has a more serious illness, so be sure to tell the doctor.
- Use only moisturizing or lubricating products designed for the vagina. Common creams and lotions may irritate the vagina or worsen the problem.
- Vaginal dryness is usually associated with physiological changes in the vaginal wall caused by decreased levels of estrogen.
- If vaginal itching is caused by antibiotics, vaginal discharge, unbalanced pH and other irritants, Vagisil can solve your troubles. If you still feel itchy after applying Vagisil, you need to see a doctor.